Sunday, October 23, 2011

RILS Reflection


I really enjoyed the web 2.0 tool that Lori and I chose for this project.  Writing is an essential skill that so many students fail to master.  Working in higher education I see first hand how many students graduate high school without proper writing skills.  Though I was not physically in the classroom to watch the implantation of the RILS lesson, we incorporated my son into the project as the “mystery blogger.”  I enjoyed reading the students posts and hearing feedback from Lori how the students were taking to blogging.  For me, my work was behind the scenes. I was tech support so to speak.  I set up the classroom website and added the link to kidblog.  I created a classroom blog and created accounts for each of the students.  The one thing that I learned from this experience was that my directions to Lori on how to access the blog and each individual blog page could have been much more detailed. However, from the success of the blog lesson I have a feeling that the students did not seem to get hung up on that minor hiccup.

I really hope that this tool is able to help Lori increase the writing skills of her students and that they are able to find their voice through blogging. 


No comments:

Post a Comment