Saturday, October 1, 2011

BP2 iGoogle PLE


AHHHHH (insert sound of angel singing).  That is how I describe my experience with putting together my PLE (personal Learning environment) on iGoogle. The directions were a bit confusing but after getting onto my main Google page it all clicked.  For the main page most of the work was done due to our month one assignment.  Some of the links were repetitive but no harm there. Making the tabs was an easy process, as was adding gadgets.  Having everything I need in one place is helpful and I will continue to add items o page pages as I see fit.

But as with anything, I have some minor complaints.  I would prefer that everything be on one tab-but I understand that this could become cluttered.  So, instead I wish the tabs were different. I wish they were located at the top much like IE (internet explorer).  Just personal preference.  I do like that each tab can be personalized with a new theme so you can quickly identify which tab you are on. 

Though I added a twitter gadget I am not sure if I will enter my information. The one I have on there now I turned off after my twitter account was hacked twice.  Since I turned it off my account has been fine…go figure. So unless I can find one that I feel secure with I will not be using that feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment